During this time of year we often get phone calls and emails from people wanting to know what kinds of needs we have in hopes that they can provide some Christmas cheer to our ministry. This year, we decided to post a “wish list” of things that we would like to have but do not have resources to provide ourselves. This is truly a “wish list” of items that would make our lives easier, more efficient and help us serve our neighbors better. If you’re interested in helping with any of the items, please email us (email@example.com) or call 713-227-0304. Thanks!
- Copy paper for our Mildred McWhorter Missionary Building.
- Gift cards to Staples, Office Depot, Costco and Sam’s Club to purchase office supplies.
- New twin bed comforters (lightweight) or quilts for our women’s and men’s dormitory (for student missionaries). We need 20 twin comforters for women’s beds and 10 twin comforters for men’s beds.
- New mattress pads (twin size) for our missionary dormitory (30 total).
- Gift cards of any amount to Target, Wal-mart, Kroger and/or HEB for our student missionaries (4 students).
- A new or used sound system (board and speakers) for use at Joy Fellowship Center.
- A desktop computer with Windows 7 or 8 for our Family Ministries Coordinator at Gano Mission Center.
- FIFA 2013 or FIFA 2014 for Wii for the youth room at Gano Mission Center.
- 2 new upright vacuum cleaners (industrial preferred) for Fletcher Mission Center.
- 4 new lawnmowers (2 for Fletcher Mission Center and 2 for Joy Fellowship Center).
- A new metal roof for our gymnasium at Joy Fellowship Center.
- Floor wax stripped and re-installed in our Mildred McWhorter Missionary Building.
- Donors to provide funds for party supplies and food for our various after-school Christmas parties (numbers of kids and needs vary by Center -contact us for more information).
Volunteer Wish List:
- Volunteers to work with our children and youth at Gano Mission Center (opportunities vary but volunteers are needed Monday through Thursday from 3:30 pm – 5:15 pm).
- A group to mow the yard and pull weeds at our Morris Women’s Empowerment Center (1522 Fulton Street).
- Nursery volunteers at our Fletcher Mission Center (Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am – 12 pm).
- Maintenance or handyman/woman type person to check air filters, replace light bulbs, make simple repairs to facilities (toilets, ice machines, etc.).