We are excited to invite you to come alongside of our ongoing ministry opportunities at Mission Centers of Houston this summer! As you prayerfully consider joining us for 9 rewarding weeks of training, service, discipleship and relationship-building, please note the following expectations for this unique position:
- Demonstrate an active commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Display a commitment to discovering, practicing and communicating Scriptural truths with the recognition that others will be influenced by what you say as much as what you do.
- Display personal maturity.
- Be able to communicate effectively across age, gender and ethnic differences.
- Be comfortable with both giving and receiving instructions.
- Interact with others in a manner that is continually respectful of authority.
- Exhibit flexibility, teachability and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Practice a grace-filled and team-oriented spirit of communication and interaction.
- Display a strong work ethic.
- Practice an ongoing commitment to living well with 10-15 other team members for the 9-week time period; this includes healthy conflict resolution, active forgiveness and personal transparency.
- Embrace limited technology access (including Internet, TV, computer, phone, etc.) in the hope of building meaningful relationships with those around you.
- Express a willingness to fundraise a portion of your financial needs.
- Be ready, be hopeful and be excited!
MCH is no longer accepting applications for summer 2013. We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2013 term. Applications for the fall semester 2013 are due by July 15, 2013.
Questions? Call 713.227.0304 or email us here.