Volunteering @ MCH
Sign Up Here
There are three easy ways you can volunteer to serve at Mission Centers. If you are interested in helping with our ongoing weekly ministries (Food Pantry, Kids Club, Youth Club, Senior Adults, etc.), please fill out our application and we will get back to you to discuss the possibilities. If you are interested in bringing a group to serve on a Saturday morning, please fill out the application. If you like to bring a group for a week-long mission trip in the summer, please check available dates (with firstname.lastname@example.org) and fill out this application.
Saturday Dates for 2017:
- Christmas Store! – TBA
- Summer 2017 Mission Trip Dates : June 11, 2017 – July 21, 2017.
Our MCH Staff & Board of Directors have been praying for you and your involvement in our ministry. We take our responsibility to represent Jesus Christ in our community seriously and want to make sure that everything we do glorifies Him. In order to work together, we have developed the following guidelines. Please trust that these guidelines were developed with your safety in mind as well as the overall interest of our community. Thank you for partnering with us!
- All team members are expected to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Please guard your personal items in a secure location. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Do not leave items of value (cameras, phones, etc.) unattended during ministry.
- If you have a disagreement with another volunteer, do not “air” that frustration in front of others. Please seek to resolve the conflict in a healthy, respectful way.
- All MCH staff members, including Global Footprint students, will provide supervision of volunteer groups. You are expected to respect their authority. Please notify the Director or Executive Director if you feel that a situation needs to be addressed. We will make every effort to resolve the issue.
- You must lock ALL rooms, buildings and offices when you are the last one out. NEVER leave a room, building or office unlocked.
- Please wear a nametag while on-site.
- Please take caution when using materials such as tools, yard equipment and paint. These items are expensive to replace. Personal safety measures (goggles, gloves, tennis shoes/no sandals) are required.
- If you walk away from the Center(s) property, you MUST go with at leastone other person.
- No shaving cream fights or painting each other. Our community does not understand this type of waste.
- Non-volunteers are not allowed in the building(s) between the hours of 5 pm and 9 am.
- Please use discretion with all music and reading materials.
- No smoking on the property.
- No weapons, knives, blades, pocket knives, etc. are permitted on Mission Centers of Houston property.
- Computer use is not allowed during business hours.
- No sleeping/napping during business hours.
- No overnight sleeping in rooms above the gym. The rooms are for storage only. All those whom are lodging on-site must sleep on the gym floor (classrooms and other areas are not allowed).
- Please respect the following dress code (note that staff members reserve the right to enforce these expectations):
– No pants/shorts/shirts that show stomach
– Shorts (including all athletic attire) need to be no more than 4 inchesabove the knee. No Exceptions.
– Shirts must always be worn
– No bandanas may be worn
Please be aware of these guidelines and communicate them to your team members.
We pray that your experience at MCH will be life-changing for you and our community!
Our kids and missionaries had such an amazing session at camp this year! Fears were faced, decisions were made and everyone had fun! Thank you for praying for our youth and for those of you who gave to send kids to camp this year it was truely amazing!!read more
Our missionaries continue to teach our Joy kids about kindness and goodness from the Fruits of the Spirit. The kids have been loving the different crafts that the missionaries prepare for them each day.read more
The missionaries are so happy to be back from camp and teaching our Gano kids about kindness and goodness. They been working hard this week by changing the air filters in the gym.read more
MCH Board member Chris Smith jumped in the middle of Kids Club today! Thanks to the missions team from Woodridge Baptist for helping us out this week at Gano!read more