More about our programs
- a relaxing time for youth to bond with peers and leaders through recreation, games, crafts, etc.
- a Bible study designed to equip students with the basics of the Christian faith and how to apply it to their lives
- service-related or mission-based activity
- time of fellowship with our center staff and volunteers
- a tasty snack or meal to cap off the program
Summer Intern Program
A 4-day program where selected youth who are regular attenders in our weekly youth program serve for 8 hours a day alongside our center staff. The program includes:
- exposure to and involvement in all ministry programs
- daily Bible study devotions and prayer with our staff
- serving alongside Christian college student interns
- lunch, snacks and refreshments
- life-on-life discipleship by our staff
Contact Vanessa Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Magnolia Park Interns program at the Joy Center or Juan Ayala at email@example.com for info about the Gano Street Mission Crew program at the Gano Center.
Special Youth Activities
We hold several special events and offer activities relating to youth throughout the year:
- Sewing Club – hands on learning using quality sewing machines taught by committed volunteers
- Field trips – both for attendance reward days and to give students new experiences
- “Angels of Light” Christmas program for qualifying families, sponsored by Second Baptist Church, one of our supporting partners.
- Christmas Store – families of youth at each center who are active in our Youth Clubs are eligible to receive gifts at no cost
- Free, family-friendly events for our surrounding communities – both centers host events such as block parties, community holiday meals, and movie nights, which include games, bounce houses, music, and food