- Graduated from an accredited high school
- Participated in MCH’s Youth Club and/or affiliation with a MCH employee or volunteer
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Student must be enrolled in either a community college, college, university, or trade skill program to begin the year they submit application.
All the documents listed below must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered for a scholarship.
- Application – complete the online application form (link will be available April 1, 2022)
- Academic Transcript
- Community Involvement – List of extracurricular activities, community service, work history and church involvement
- Personal Essay – An essay describing the student’s goals and career aspirations. Students are encouraged to be creative in writing this statement. If there is a need for financial assistance to further their education, this should be included in the document. Personal statement should be a minimum of one page formatted as a Word document Times New Roman, 12pt, single-spaced. Acceptable formats include .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Personal Letter of Recommendation – The letter can be from a parent, grandparent, other relative, or someone who knows the student well and can speak to their integrity, motivation, and desire to further their education.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation – The letter should be from the student’s past or present teacher, counselor, or coach.
All documents can be submitted online.
Registration will open each year on April 1st. All applications must be submitted to MCH via the website by 11:59pm CDT on April 30th.
Selection and Verification Process
Each year during the month of May all applications submitted by the April 30th deadline will be reviewed by a Scholarship judging committee. This will include review of all documents (application, academic transcript, list of community involvement, personal essay, and personal and academic letters of recommendation). Once the scoring process has been completed, the scholarship recipient(s) will be notified of their award. Scholarship funds will be submitted to the recipient’s school of choice no later than July 31sth of each year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes up the Scholarship Judging Committee?
Scholarship committees consist of 3 board members from the Mission Centers of Houston Executive Board.
When are the awards presented, if the applicant is chosen?
Awards are presented directly to the student’s school no later than July 31st each year.
Who reviews the applications?
The Mission Centers of Houston keeps all documents submitted by applicants confidential.
Invest in the Future of Youth
If you have a heart for the next generation and want to assist our youth in continuing their education, consider giving through our Youth Scholarship Fund.